29th Nov – 2nd Dec
Euro-Mediterranean Symposium on Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy
Student Oral Awards (JAAS sponsored)
Congratulations for their talks to:
- Erik Képeš for Opening black-box models used in LIBS (CQ2; online)
- Stefan Grünberger for Combination of laser ablation and spark discharge in LA-SD-OES and comparison with LIBS (HYP2; online)
Student Poster-Flash Talks + Flash Talk Awards (SAB sponsored)
We want to congratulate poster contributors:
- Elise Clavé (P_CQ2 – Using Random Forest classifiers to study LIBS-Raman correlations). Flash Talk Award.
- Marina Martínez-Weinbaum (P_H1 – Laser induced breakdown spectroscopy and nonlinear optical microscopy for analysis of historical glasses). Flash Talk Award.
- Seamus Cummins (P_IND6 – UV-Visible and Vacuum-UV LIBS on Wind Turbine Blade Samples)
- Chris Prüfert (P_IND5 – Characterization of industrial aerosol particles using a combined approach of light scattering, optical imaging, photoacoustics and laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy). Flash Talk Award.
- Valentin Ehrentraut (P_HYP2 – LIBS and Laser ablation Spark discharge-OES (LA-SD-OES) analysis of minor and trace elements in steel samples using high resolution Echelle spectrometer; Online).
- Laura García-Gómez (P_BIO1 – Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy of cyanobacteria in carbonate matricesunder simulated Martian environment).
- César Marina Montes (P_MAP1 – New protocol for Antarctic aerosol analysis by micro-LIBS). Flash Talk Award.
- Luis J. Fernández-Menéndez (P_CQ15 – Evaluation of the chlorine quantification method based on molecular emission signals in LIBS). Flash Talk Award.
- Students presenting an Oral talk will be considered for Best Oral Talk Award(s)
- Students who participate with a Poster will be eligible for participation in Thursday’s (2nd Dec) Flash Talks session. This will grant them a Flash Talk certificate, in addition to the Poster presentation certificate.
- Students must have prepared the Flash presentation (max. 7 minutes) beforehand. This is not mandatory for Poster presentation, but it’s a requirement if they want to be considered to be selected for the Flash session.
- The best Flash Talks will also get an Award.
Coming to Gijón? Unable to travel?
It doesn’t matter! Any Student, regardless of participation modality, can be considered for the Awards and the Flash Talks session.